Updating Your Utility Bill After a Name Change Due to Marriage or Divorce

If you've changed your name due to marriage or divorce, you may need to update your name on your utility bill. Here's what you need to provide to the Town of Clayton:

To update your records, please provide a notarized copy of your marriage license, divorce decree, updated driver's license or social security card to the Utilities & Billing Department. You can do this by visiting our office at Town Hall, located at 111 E. Second Street in downtown Clayton. Don't forget to bring along a photo ID, and we will make the changes right away. Additionally, you may send the required information through email.

Show All Answers

1. Will the Town provide any compensation on my bill if there's a leak and my water usage goes up?
2. What is the required notice period for the Town to connect or disconnect my services?
3. May I request a review of my water and electric meter reading?
4. What actions should I take if my utilities are shut off due to non-payment?
5. Is it possible for the Town to extend the deadline for paying my utility bill?
6. What happens if the bank returns the check I wrote to pay my utility bill?
7. When will my deposit be credited to my utility account?
8. Updating Your Utility Bill After a Name Change Due to Marriage or Divorce
9. What are my options for filling my swimming pool?
10. How to Handle Water/Sewer Emergencies Outside of Regular Business Hours
11. Does the Town offer disposal of old furniture/appliances?
12. What items are acceptable to put in my recycling bin?
13. How to Handle a Garbage or Recycling Cart with a Fallen Wheel
14. What is the proper way to dispose of electronic items?
15. What is the process for requesting an additional recycling or garbage cart?