Local Author Collection
The purpose of the Local Author Collection of the Clayton Library is to support local authors and to make those works available to the public.
Local authors who reside (or have past affiliation) in Johnston County and the Triangle Area and want to have their materials added to the library's local author collection must complete the Local Author Submission form and submit a print copy of their book for review by Library staff. The review copy will not be returned.
- Up to two (2) titles per author may be submitted within a calendar year.
- The Library will accept only one (1) copy of any title.
- Titles must have been published within the last five (5) years.
- Minimum page count for adult and teen books is 100 pages.
- Print materials must be professionally bound. No spiral bindings are accepted.
- Author represents and warrants full ownership and/or legal rights to publish all material in this book, including artwork.
- Submission of the form does not guarantee selection. All submissions will be evaluated for approval in accordance to the library's Collection Development Policy. Library staff will make a decision within thirty (30) business days of submission.
- Materials accepted will be shelved in the designated Local Author shelving area. A "local author" sticker will be affixed to the item.
- Materials selected for inclusion into the collection become property of the Clayton Library and are subject to the same standards and retention schedule as other library materials. The Clayton Library reserves the right to include or exclude any title from the collection for any reason. Materials donated to the library may be removed at any time. The library will give all removed books from the Local Author Collection to the Friends of the Library for their book sale, or recycle where appropriate.
How to Submit Your Work
- Review the Donation and Collection guidelines above for the Local Author Collection.
- Fill out and submit the online Local Author Submission form. Click here for the submission form.
- Bring one (1) copy of your book to the Circulation desk during open business hours.